Case Management Training InstituteThe Case Management Training Institute (CMTI), generously funded by the CT Department of Housing, was created to provide a comprehensive training program for individuals with case management responsibilities in AIDS services, AIDS housing, domestic violence, homeless shelters, and transitional living programs, regardless of how the positions are funded (i.e. DPH, HOPWA, DOH, and DMHAS).
No trainings scheduled at this time. Check back soon!
Wednesday, July 11 @ Hands On Hartford
AIDS Connecticut (ACT) assists individuals and families with meeting emergency expenses through the Client Assistance Fund (CAF), and with obtaining and maintaining housing through the Housing Assistance Fund (HAF). During this training you will gain a better understanding of the purpose of these funds, eligibility and documentation requirements and get a firsthand look at what the determination process looks like.
This training will also feature a presentation on Entitlements. Entitlements can be a very difficult thing for clients to understand. With so many changes in the entitlement system, different eligibility requirements and coverage categories, community members may not be sure of what they qualify for or how to access resources. As Service Providers, we can assist clients in application processes and ensure they maintain coverage by understanding this complex process. During this part of the training, participants will learn about the various entitlement categories and how to move clients through the process for application to approval.
This policy applies to all participants registered for training with ACT’s Case Management Training Institute (CMTI). A cancellation of a scheduled instructor-led training made less than twenty-four (24) hours prior to the day of the scheduled training will be deemed a "no-show." No-shows for all confirmed registrations will be assessed a $25.00 "no-show" fee.
- Each CMTI training session is limited to 25 participants.
- Unless otherwise noted, all sessions are scheduled from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- All sessions are free for ACT members.
- Non-members will be charged a $25 per person registration fee.
- Registration fees should be paid prior to the training (exceptions will be made for extreme circumstances and determined by Program Manager). Mail checks to ACT, 110 Bartholomew Ave, Ste 3050, Hartford, CT 06106.
- Participants registered for required or other trainings are expected to attend the entire training.
- All registered participants must be on time for training courses.
- All registered participants must sign the official training roster.
- All registered participants must attend the entire session in order to receive credit for the training.
- A participant who misses more than a total of 45 minutes of a 3-hour training shall not receive training credit.
- A maximum of 2 staff per agency may register per training session. If you would like to send more than 2 staff from your agency you must contact the Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the possibility of special arrangements prior to the training. Anyone showing up unregistered to a training may not be allowed to attend.
- Cancellations may be made with no penalty up to twenty-four (24) hours prior to the day of the scheduled training.
- Failure to attend without sending an email to email@example.com at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance will result in a $25.00 charge and may limit access to future trainings.
- Participants may call (860) 247-2437 x313 after 7:00 a.m. to listen to a recorded announcement stating if classes are cancelled. Information will also be available on our webpage at: http://www.aids-ct.org/cmti.html.
- If there is no announcement when you contact the above number or on our website, the class will be conducted as regularly scheduled.
- In the event of a cancellation due to inclement weather, all registered participants will be notified by email of the rescheduled date of the training.
- If the State of Connecticut is delayed or closed training will be canceled. You can check for delays and closures at:
Case Manager MeetingACT's next Greater Hartford TGA Case Manager Meeting will take place Wednesday, July 11, 1:00-3:00pm at Connections Wellness Center. CLICK HERE to register now.
CMTI Online Training:Access ACT's online training website at http://training.aids-ct.org/. For a comprehensive How-to Guide with screenshots click here.
Third-party Online Trainings:
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens
- HUD Lead Based Paint Visual Assessment Training Course
- HUD HOPWA Financial Management Online Training